Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Japanese tea quotes

Tea...is a religion of the art of life.
Okakura Kakuzo (1863-1913), Japanese scholar


“In the common parlance we speak of the man ‘with no tea’ in him,
when he is insusceptible to the seriocomic interests of the personal drama.
Again we stigmatize the untamed aesthete who, regardless of the mundane tragedy,
runs riot in the springtide of emancipated emotions, as one ‘with too much tea’ in him.”
Okakura Kakuzo (1863-1913), Japanese scholar


Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos,
the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle.
Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.
Okakura Kakuzo (1863-1913), The Book of Tea

If man has no tea in him,
he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty.
Japanese Proverb


Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time
The comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company
(Zen Haiku qouotes)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day i am new on here. I stumbled upon this forum I find It amply helpful & its helped me a lot. I hope to give something back & support other users like its helped me.

Thank's, Catch You About.

Anonymous said...

Heya im new on here. I came upon this message board I have found It incredibly useful and its helped me alot. I hope to contribute and aid other users like it has helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Later

Anonymous said...

Aloha i'm new on here. I hit upon this chat board I have found It very accommodating & it's helped me a great deal. I should be able to give something back & help other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, See You Around.